Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Home"


November finds me 'home' in Australia. I say 'home', as Australia doesn't feel like home these days. It will always be the place I was born and raised, but I consider my physical home to be in Egypt (at least for the moment) with David.

Currently I am in a small town called Molong. This is where my mother was born, and it is definitely her home!! In case you are wondering where exactly is Molong (which incidently I believe to be Aboriginal for 'place of many rocks'), it is in the central western part of New South Wales, about 4 hours drive west of Sydney. It is a thriving metropolis of 1,400 people, all of whom I think know my mother!!! The recent spring rains here have brought many flowers out to bloom, including one of my favourites - the native Australian Bottlebrush.

Bottle brush blooming in my mum's yard.

The other day I had a chance to catch up with an old friend from high school. I was trying to figure out when I last saw her, and she was quick to point out it was about 21 years ago!! It was fun to see her again. Now I'm just trying to figure out where those last 21 years have gone.

No comments: