Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Australia trip - pt. 1

It's hard for me to believe it's already 6 weeks since my last post. Six weeks ago, in late October, I was stressing about getting Ezekiel's visa so that he and I could head 'down under' to visit my family. Now here we are in early December, our trip to Oz behind us and just a few short weeks till Christmas.

Zeke's first peek at the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.

Zeke and I had a great time in Australia, though the month just flew by. The main reason for our trip was to 'show off' Zeke to the Aussie family & friends, especially my mum. Mum is not in the best of health these days, so it was important we went ASAP.
With my sister and her family, and my mum.
With some of my cousins.
I must admit I was hoping for the best though prepared for the worst, for the plane trip, but our little man travelled well. My only real complaint for the trip out to Australia was that the rascal wouldn't sleep in the bassinette provided on the plane, so he was in my arms for the journey. The Singapore Airlines & Qantas employess were great though, and helped by holding him when I needed the bathroom. He was better on the return trip, using the bassinette and even sleeping most of the way from Singapore to Cairo. And Zeke managed to charm all and sundry on the flights with his wonderful smile and calm demeanour.
Ezekiel with one of the wonderful Qantas flight attendants.





No comments: